April 25, 2010

KOZHUKATTA- Repost for mothers day event and Cooking with seeds:)

Kozhukatta




I still remember those school days where i used to run back home from school ,expecting my mom to make something or other for snack special :)... This sweet dumpling was one of the commonest which she used to make and my fav too.. Its been quiet a long time i made these.. last day i was craving for these and i couldnt stop myself from making this :).. so here goes the recipe to all :)


Ingredients:
Rice Flour - 2 cups
Salt
Hot Water

For Filling:
Coconut - 1 cup
Jaggery - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - almost 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp (you can roughly powder if you want)

Preparation:
I had the jaggery in cubes, so i grated them. Then with hand mix all the ingredients nicely for the filling and keep aside.

For the outer covering, boil water and once boiled, pour over the rice flour (add salt to it before) and keep mixing with a spoon till you get a rough made dough. Keep it to cool down. Then with hand mix the flour to a dough and then make medium balls like as you would make for a chappathi. Now flatten with the tip of your fingers so that roundball is now like a circle. Place a spoonful of filling inside and cover the dough. Repaet the process for the whole. In case if the dough is too sticky. dip ypur hands in cold water and spread the balls. Steam cook in pressure cooker till done (of course w/o the weight). Roughly about 15-20 mins will be needed. Have hot with a cup of tea..its will divine :)



This entry I am sending it to for mothers day event conducted by Panch Pakwan



I would aso like to send this entry for the cooking with seeds event conducted by priyaeasyntastyrecipes



Cheers,
Neetz ;)


16 comments:

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks yummy!!
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

Indian food recipes said...

perfect entry 4 the evevt Neetz

Priya Suresh said...

Fabulous and tempting kozhukatta..

Parita said...

Looks truly mouth watering

PranisKitchen said...

delicious kozhukkatta...nice click too

Nithu Bala said...

Dear Neetz, Thank you Dear for your comment on the post...Sorry Dear for not visiting your blog..I've been trying my best to visit and post the comments in all the blogs and I didn't know how I left your blog:-( Really so sorry about that..it was not intentionally done...I'l catch up with your wonderful recipes today and tomorrow..btw, I published your comment but I couldn't see it in the blog..I'm not sure what the problem with my blog..

Nithu Bala said...

Dear Neetz,this Kozhukatta is my favourite..I make this often at home but I won't add cumin..thatz the only difference:-) loved the click too..

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Looks delicious and beautiful click too...

Simplyfood said...

Beautiful dumplings they look a little bit like modak made for ganesh chaturthi.Lovely clicks too.

Sukanya said...

Hey Neetz,

You have a lovely food blog here. And thanx for stopping by my site and for the compliments. Means a lot to me. Thanks.

Coming to your post. Yeh, i love kolukattai too. Will try our your recipe and let u know how it turned out :)

Cheers,
Sukanya

Unknown said...

Beautiful clicks of the yummy kozhukatta..

Gita Jaishankar said...

Kozhukattas looks awesome...so yummy :)

Ms.Chitchat said...

Yummy kozhukattai and a nice click too.

Aruna Manikandan said...

Perfect Delicious Kozhukkatai!!!!!

Krishnaveni said...

Lovely dish looks great

Nisha said...

heavenly :) ,beautiful click

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails